Friday, September 20, 2013

Tyler - 15 month checkup

Tyler weighed in at 25.5 pound and is 30.5 inches tall.  He is in the 60th percentile verses other kids his age. 
Only concern for him is that one again, he is not saying any words.  I take that back, he will say Chloe.  He will copy me when I call for her, it's very cute.  So I guess they say he's not saying any functional words yet.  Which he should be saying new words daily... and have a vocabulary of 15-20 commonly used words by 18 months (which is 3 months away).

Our doctor seemed ready to refer him to Children's Mercy for a speech and language evaluation but I asked to make note of it and refer us at 18 months if there is not improvement.  Lee from first steps said I didn't need the referral from CMH and that we can get Tyler tested with them simply as a parent referral. I'm not sure which route we are going to take but I do know if he still hasn't spoken in 3 months we are starting early intervention.

Tyler also need to have his blood drawn for a lead/iron screening.  So I had to take him over to the lab in the hospital for them to draw blood.  Poor little dude did not enjoy that and was completely ready to go home after all his shots and pokes!

0 comments: