Monday, July 12, 2010

13w3d

**Baby Update - Mommy is 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Welcome to the second trimester!!! :o) The crown-to-rump length of your growing baby is 2.6 to 3.1 inches. Your baby is now about the size of a peach. Fetal growth is amazing from now through about the 24th week of pregnancy. Tissue that will form your baby's bones is being laid down, especially around the head and limbs. The nose and chin are becoming more prominent. Your baby's eyelids meet and fuse together and they will not open again for nearly four months. The eyes started out on the side of your baby's head and they are now moving closer together on the face. The ears come to lie in their normal position on the sides of the head. The sockets for all twenty teeth are formed in the gums, and vocal cords are beginning to form.**

It's very exciting for me now that I am in the second trimester. Already the morning sickness and nausea have let up and hopefully gone forever! With the milestone of the second trimester; tonight I took my first belly shot. Some days I don't look pregnant at all, and then other days (like today) I feel like I already look pretty far along. Funny thing is that still the only people that know of this baby is my close friends and family. Still no one at work knows - okay, only 2 of my close friends that I work with know, but absolutely no one else. I just don't feel the need to spread the word through the Walmart Social Network, because quite frankly no one really needs to know until I get fat enought to have lifting restrictions, and even then no one is going to tell me what I can't do. I'm pretty stubbord when it comes to people thinking that they can baby me just because I'm pregnant. I will do what I want to do and when I want to do it!

With my entrance to the second trimester, I have began feeling a lot of stretching - at least that's what I think it is. It's quite painful on my side and lower abdomen. It feels a lot better when I lay down and get my feet up for a little while. So maybe I should institute a mandatory nap time when I get home from work! LOL.

0 comments: