Monday, July 5, 2010

12w3d

**Baby Update - Mommy is 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant!! Your baby's crown-to-rump length is almost 2.5 inches and now weighs between 8 and 14 grams! In just three weeks, your baby's size has more than doubled and begins to look a lot more human. Even though you won't be able to feel your baby moving at this time, you can stimulate him and he will squint, open his mouth and move his fingers or toes. Your baby's skeletal system now has centers of bone formation in most of the bones. The digestive system is capable of making contractions that push food through the bowels and it is also able to absorb sugar. The pituitary gland beginning to make hormones. The baby develops reflexes and the skin is very sensitive. The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. The baby may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers. You will probably be able to hear your baby's heartbeat with a Doppler at this time! By the end of this week, your uterus is too large to remain completely in your pelvis. And this week may be the first week that you begin to feel better! Morning sickness often tends to improve or diminish at this time. You may begin to show slightly, especially if this is not your first pregnancy.**

Happy 4th of July!! Okay, I'm a day late, but I spent all weekend at Mom and Dad's house. The only thing that could of made the weekend better, was if Jerry was able to be there - unfortunately, he had to work all weekend. As much fun as the kids and I had, I am so happy to be home. I just wish the laundry/cleaning fairy would come and clean my house.

I was able to finally see some of my family face-to-face to tell them our awesome news about Baby #3. I think the only one that doesn't officially know is Grandma Kay, because so far we've just been able to play phone tag. I am begining to notice that the shocking excitment of announcing a pregnancy wears off when you get to #3. Oh well, I'm sure it will be total excitment once they get a new little baby in their arms.

On a positive note, the morning (afternoon & night) sickess seems to of gone away. . . Thank Goodness! That was starting to get really annoying! Now if only I could get some energy back! Pregnancy really stinks in it's early stages, but Friday is my official move into the 2nd Trimester. Woot Woot!

0 comments: