Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Big Update!!

  Potty Traing a boy about killed me.  Day time is easy, now trying to train him at night. . . somedays we had way too many accidents during the day and most nights Jacob would wake up with a wet diaper.  So ultimately to make things easier on me. . . I know, I'm ashamed. . . we always put him down for the night in a diaper.  Never gave him a chance to night time train.  However, last Sunday night, I was feeling a little brave and Jacob was fighting the diaper, so I gave in and decided to let him go to bed without a diaper on.  Worse thing that could happen is I would wake up to even more laundry that needed to be washed! 

Jacob surprised me. . . and that's sad for me to say, I should have believed in him. . . but Monday morning Jacob was dry, woke up and went straight to the potty like a pro, and WE HAVE NOT WORN A DIAPER OR HAD AN ACCIDENT SINCE!  I am so proud of him!  And he is so proud of himself!!  We officially put the rest of his diapers in Jaxen's room with his diaper stash. . . Jacob finally potty trained!  I'm kinda wishing I would have cold turkey'd him a long time ago.  He was ready, he's been for a while. . . but Mom just had to let him.  I see now that going between underwear and diapers, we were confusing him, he was going in the diaper because it he could. 

So with this blog I proudly announce that the Daily family only has ONE child in diapers!!!!  Another parenting lesson learned, I'm blogging this as a reminder to myself when it's time to potty train Jax.  Trust the kid, when he's ready, he will do it! 

(And to all those reading this with kids on the way, that are wondering why I didn't learn this lesson with Chloe. . . Girls are SO much easier to potty train!! LOL)


0 comments: