Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

Friday, March 9th - Spring Break started out great!  Aunt Joanna and Uncle Caleb came down and took Chloe and Jacob to the movies. . . both of them loved watching The Lorax.  Mom, Dad and Jaxen had Subway for dinner.  It was a nice relaxing evening for us!

Saturday, March 10th - Mom & Dad worked.

Sunday, March 11th - {25 weeks} Mom & Dad worked. . . Daylight Savings Time was really hard on me and the kids.  Jerry lost an hour of work -- the rest of us lost an hour of sleep and when you are getting up at 2:30am you feel it!!

Monday, March 12th - Mom & Dad worked.  Girl Scouts turned 100!!

Tuesday, March 13th - Chloe had a dentist appointment in the morning.  She woke up complaining of a tummy ache.  Then a headache, then she didn't feel good. . . she was basically a nervous wreck.  I was too, but I didn't want her to be scared.  Her and I went to her appointment together, the boys all stayed home. . . didn't need them all scared of the dentist office.  Let me tell you, Chloe did WONDERFUL!  I couldn't believe that she let them pull her teeth without any numbing medication!  The dentist reached up and tried to wiggle them -- they weren't entirely ready to be pulled by hand so he grabbed the tool and *POP* *POP* just like that they were out.  She sat up and they put gauze in her mouth -- that's when she tasted the blood and got all bug eyed.  I couldn't help but laugh at her and tell her she was done.  The dentist told her that she did better than Daddy did -- she was floating on cloud 9!  = )

Chloe and I made a trip to Walmart before coming home to the boys.  We let Dad sleep until about 3pm and then we all headed to the bank and Uhaul to get a hitch put on my vehicle.  We ate at Applebee's for dinner before heading home. . . Kid's eat free on Tuesday nights!

Wednesday, March 14th - We all got up at 4am to head out for the day.  We went to Urbana to see Jerry's family.  It was a nice visit, just wish we had more time and seen them more often.  We looked at and bought a tractor while we there.

We headed for Warsaw for lunch and then turned in my Wedding Ring. . . getting the diamond replaced!  I can't wait to get it back in a couple weeks.

After our errands in Warsaw, we headed to Sedalia to see Amanda and Jeremy's house.  We spent the afternoon with them until Mom and Dad got out of work.  Then we headed to Walmart for S'more fixings and then to Cole Camp.

We had a wonderful evening with family, laughing, talking, and roasting marshmallows over a campfire!  Kid's played hard and were filthy by the time we packed up to leave.  We didn't get home and in bed until about 130am!  It was a long day!

Thursday, March 15th - Thursday morning we were woken early because Jerry's Grandpa and Grandma were here to deliver the tractor.  It was nice to see them again and it was nice to show off our new home.  I wish they would visit us more often. . . the kids loved being with them.

It was a little later than I would have liked, but we got the kids to Susan's house and to my doctor's appointment on time.  {See the post for my doctor's appointment #5 for the details}  Afterwards, we had some lunch -- needed real food after that glucose drink! -- and stopped in at Game Stop.

After we picked up the kids, we went looking for a new couch / love seat set for the living room.  Jerry and I disagreed about what we wanted . . . so we came home to think about it.   He wanted a *new matching set* -- really wanting to do something nice for me.  But I wanted a *new* inexpensive set. . . I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on something that my kids might destroy in weeks!  In the end, we are both happy with what we got and I was able to get it at half the price of a real furniture store.  The couch and love seat are brand new and so soft!

Friday, March 16th - The nieces and nephews came over for the entire day!  9am - 10:30pm.  Susan and Bob needed some time together and they are always there to watch my kids when needed.  We had a lot of fun and they wore me out.  We painted bird houses, rode the tractor, played outside, played the XBox and put them all to work!  = )

I was able to make a trip to Walmart with Jaxen to get the things we needed for lunch and dinner.  When I got back, Jerry ran to town and rented a Uhaul trailer and picked up my couch and love seat.  Amber helped us move the new furniture in and the old couch down to the basement.  While we had the trailer we also moved the deep freezer from the garage to the basement.  And before turning the trailer back in, Jerry got the lumber and fencing he needed.  The trailer worked out nice and we got a ton accomplished -- even with 6 kids under foot!! 

Saturday, March 17th - St. Patrick's Day!  Jaxen turned 15 months old!  Mom & Dad worked.  I pulled a muscle on my side and spent all evening on the heating pad . . . hopefully, I can make it through the rest of the week.

Sunday, March 18th -

0 comments: