Monday, September 3, 2012

Answered Prayers

It's only been a day since my last blog posting and already SO many things have changed. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but in case I didn't I'll say it again.  Last Monday, August 27th, I contacted Walmart's Global Ethics Office with basically the same statement I posted yesterday.  They responded with this statement: "The follow-up date generated for this report is 2012-09-03.  If your reported issue has not been resolved, please refer back to the website on or after the scheduled date.  If you have additional information, you may provide that at any time."  I didn't think too much more about it because it was the day before my pending termination - a little too late it my eyes.

On Wednesday, August 29th, I also sent an email to Debbie Hodges, the District Manager over the Distribution Center.  I got a communication started with her and she seemed generally interested in helping me out and wanted to talk to me over the phone on Tuesday.  After our initial communication, I also mentioned to her that I had been in to fill out a transfer request to a store and the DC promised to contact these stores and get back with me within a day or two with my options because I was literally running out of time.  Now against the DC's knowledge, I had been in  contact with these stores and kind of know what my options are going to be.  And as of yesterday, I have failed to hear back from the DC about anything.  I wrote in my email, "The communication is simple not there.  No one has followed through with anything they have said. . . if I want answers I have to go in and see them face-to-face.  Only then am I a priority."

I followed up the the stores that I had applied for - like my last blog states.  And yesterday morning, I got a message from the Independence Walmart offering me a Support Manager position.  Working four 10 hour days, then off three days.  It seemed that my choices were coming in by the hour!  To heck with the DC.

Debbie followed up with an email asking me to name names.  I eventually did name names, but I made it quite clear that my husband also works within the DC and he is looking for a promotion.  I wanted nothing that I did or said to affect him in any way.  I'm the one they are all going to be mad at and I did not want it being taken out on him.

At 12:30 this afternoon, I got a call from Kathy Dailey, the General Manager over the Distribution Center.  She is the highest level of management within our building.  She started off apologizing about the lack of communication and wanted to know why I couldn't of had this conversation with her.  I kindly reminded her that I did reach out to her about 3 weeks back and she didn't have any answers for me and told me to be in contact with Travis, our HR Manager.  So when I wasn't getting anywhere with personnel, I went above all of them.

Our conversation was a nice one, she stroked my ego telling me that I was an asset to the company and she wanted to know what I wanted.  What do I want?  I want a position within the DC - anything besides order filling - that worked an opposite of Jerry.  That's when she asked me if I would take my old position back.  HECK YEAH!! 

So here's what I know - she read part or all of my communication and someone contacted her, either the Global Ethics Office or the District Manager.  Heads are going to roll in the HR Office, she asked questions, took names, and at one point said, "I'm going to make this more than just a conversation."

So the DC finally came to there senses and I start back at work on Saturday @ 4am.  I really would like to think that they wanted me in their facility. . . but I'm sure the answer to my employment lies within the letter to the ethics office, communication with the district manager, or the fact that 3 different stores were offering me a type of management positions.  No matter what it was - I'm SO glad all it's all over with and I'm back at my high paying job!  Not to mention - I should return to a 50 cent raise for being with the DC a year.  And September 12th will mark 6 years at Walmart. . . this time around!  :-)

0 comments: