Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hello, Again.

I've been away for so long, I have no idea where to start.  Literally, there are thousands of things I could write about because it's been an extremely busy two weeks. . . but sadly, I doubt I have that much time!  So lets see if I can just highlight the last couple of weeks.


Monday, February 7th - Chloe's 6th Birthday!!  Can you believe that she's already SIX?!  Planned our trip to Iowa for Great Grandma's funeral and Michelle's Wedding.  I spent most of the morning on the phone rescheduling appointments, contacting Chloe's school and paying all the bills.  Joanna and Caleb came over that night to give Chloe her Birthday presents and pick up my packed luggage. . . we needed all the room in the car that we could get - had to take 3 dogs to Iowa with us.


Tuesday, February 8th - We got 4.5 more inches of snow!!  Mother nature was trying to ruin our plans. . . It was bitterly cold outside, so I went to the re-scheduled Wic Appointment by myself. 


Wednesday, February 9th - I had a doctor's appointment at 9:40am.  Once again it was cold outside so I went alone.  After my appointment, I dropped my Girl Scout Cookie money off at my sister-in-law's house to turn in for me.  Then I went and picked up a few things at Walmart and got my hair cut.  When I got back home, I packed up the car and talked to the post office.  I had a package that was suppose to get delivered this day and it hadn't arrived before we were ready to leave, so I wanted them to hold the package until Monday - not leave it on my porch.  We waited for Chloe to get home, but before we could get out of town I had to go back to Walmart and get cat food!  Officially we were on the road around 3:30pm.  Trip was very uneventful, kids were good and dogs behaved.  Arrived in Davenport around 10pm.


Thursday, February 10th - Spent the morning hanging out and catching up with family.  Great Grandma's visitation was from 3:30 - 8pm.  Afterwards we had Rudy's for dinner!!


Friday, February 11th - Great Grandma's funeral was at 11:30am, followed by a huge family lunch/get-together at church.  Went back to Grandma's house to hang out until Michelle's Wedding Rehearsal at 6pm.  Jerry and I took the kids, Aunt Karey and Joanna to dinner at Reife's!!  Had to have my Hollywood burger and chili fix!  After dinner, we dropped Jerry and the kids off at the house and us girl's went out with Michelle to help her celebrate her last night as a single lady!  We had a blast but I was really ready for bed when we got home!!


Saturday, February 12th - Michelle's wedding day!  There was tons to do and thousands pictures to take!!  It was a good celebration after the two previous and emotional days.  It was so nice to see the family come together and setup/take down the wedding details.  Michelle and Dave didn't have to worry about a thing!  After the wedding we all went back to Grandma's house and had Taco John's Pizza. . . Yay!  Also, Joanna, Mom and I order Joanna and Caleb's Save the Date Magnets!  Got Whitey's Ice Cream on the way back to Aunt Karey's house.


Sunday, February 13th - The long drive home to Missouri. . . got home around 5:30pm.  Unpacked and got ready for the school week.


Monday, February 14th - Valentine's Day!  Jerry let me sleep in - I really needed it after chasing after 3 kids all weekend.  I finally got moving around the house just in time for Chloe's Valentine's Day party at school. . . Jerry had to work this night so the kids and I hung out around the house before bed.


Tuesday, February 15th - Had dinner with Joylynn and the kids. . . Loretta turned 5!!  It was so fun hanging out and letting the kids play.  Definitely going to hang out more often.  Went to Walmart before heading home for milk and lunchables.  Late night for us, Chloe wasn't in bed until 10pm.


Wednesday, February 16th - Nothing major happened. . . just hung out.  Work called and wanted to know when I was coming back . . . LOL!  And it was a Girl Scout night - my girls and I are all ready for Thinking Day on Saturday!!  So excited!!


Thursday, February 17th - Today was beautiful!!  77 degrees outside.  Jaxen had his doctor's appointment at 9am, he weighed in at 11 pounds, 7 ounces (50%) and was 22.5 inches long (65%).  Took the car to the car wash and totally washed and vacuumed every inch of the car!  Hated having to take the dogs to Iowa because it's so hard to remove the dog hair out of the carpet!!  Afterwards we went to Walmart and turned in my return to work release, official day back to work is Monday, February 28th.  Once Chloe got home we relaxed for a little while and then took the kids across the street and let them ride their bikes that Santa brought them!  Came home and grilled dinner on the grill. . . it was perfect!


HaHa!  Not bad remembering all that!!  I'm totally impressed that I remember all the food we ate and when we ate it!  LOL

0 comments: