Saturday, February 5, 2011

Updating

Not much is going on around here, hence the lack of updates.  Last week's Blizzard had us all cooped up inside the house and I am looking forward to Monday - just so Chloe goes back to school and our lives fall back into our boring routine!  (Not to mention, Monday is also a certain little girl's birthday!!)  :o)


By Thursday, the county had gotten our roads cleaned off enough that we were able to venture out to Walmart.  We needed milk and we needed to get a money order for the car dealership.  We left the house mid-morning because I needed to be back home when my Girl Scouts started dropping off their cookie money.  (I will be so happy when these cookie sales are done, I am so frustrated with council and the lack of communication!) 


Anyways while we were out it seemed like a fantastic time to go and get our eyes tested.  The vision center wasn't busy and Jerry, Chloe and I were able to see the eye doctor.  Chloe went first and did perfectly, she was a little shy at first but quickly came out of her shell when she realized that it was easy and didn't hurt.  I am happy to announce that  her vision is near perfect and she wasn't prescribed glasses.  But because children's eyes change so rapidly, she will need to be retested in the fall before she starts 2nd grade.  However, Jerry and I were not as lucky.  But this is something we knew, it was getting harder and harder to see.  The last time I had my eyes tested it was before I have Jacob. . . and I only got contacts at that time.  I never replaced my glasses which were a few years before that!  So my glasses were at least 5 years old!  And Jerry has never had his eyes tested since we have been married.  (It's so true, we let ourselves go when we have children!)  And let me tell you, even with 20% employee discount, we spent a lot of money!  But once you add up 4 eye exams (Mine counted as 2 because I got both contacts and glasses), top of the line glasses for Jerry (I mean his bend and twist without breaking. . . a must have when he wrestles with the kids), middle of the road glasses for me, and a year supply of contacts for me - it's sure to get quite expensive!  As sad as it was to spend that mush money, it was definitely something we had to do!  I walked out of the Vision Center a whole new person, everything was clean and bright! 


Jerry worked overtime on Friday, we went in at 5am and didn't get home until around 4pm.  Which is awesome money at $40 per hour!  And we really could use the extra money since I am not working yet and my short term disability ran out.  So the kids and I played around the house and I tried to tackle Mt. Laundry.  (Still had some to do today, but most was done yesterday)  And actually since he can't get the time off next weekend to go to Iowa with us, he's going to work overtime again next Friday, too.  I know he'd rather go with us, but overtime isn't a bad deal if he has to stay home anyways!


Well I better get off of here, I have about 2 dozen Hello Kitty Birthday cupcakes for school.  :o)  Hopefully, Jaxen will cooperate long enough for me to at least get them baked tonight.  Frosting can be done tomorrow. . .

0 comments: