Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy October. . .

Wowzers!  October is here and with it our first frost warning. . . The year is winding down. 

After working overnights this week, I am so ready for this 3-day weekend!  Of course, as I type it's half over, but that doesn't matter.  I am really enjoying these days away from work, no matter how cold it's getting outside!  Nothing is going to slow me down. . .

Both Thursday and Friday, I did a little Christmas shopping for the kids when got off work and then came home to get some sleep.  Both days I didn't sleep very well at all, I tossed and turned and was awakened by the littlest noise.  Since good sleep was a lost cause, both days I was awake and ready to do some shopping with the family when Chloe got off the school bus. 

Thursday, we went to Sutherlands to get some screen for the windows and price wood. . . I have this wonderful idea of what I want in the baby's room to use as a storage cubes / dresser.  I drew a picture for Jerry and he says it's completely do-able so we were out trying to make my idea a reality.  Of course, Sutherlands was quite expensive and we just wanted an idea. . . I still have to check out Lowe's.  But while we were there Sutherland's was having a 40% off sale on their plants.  Which was awesome because they had a couple of beautiful hibiscus bushes that we liked.  They look lovely around my deck. . . :o)  Sutherland's was also having a tent sale that had all their odds and ends or broken merchandise for sale at crazy low prices so we had to check that out!  Jerry found a bunch of window screens and frames for a buck, a couple glass pane windows for a buck, a framed screen door frame for a buck and actually got a complete glass/screen window for $5.00.  By the time we left Sutherland's we had a truck load of windows and doors, my two hibiscus bushes and the package of window screen for $30.00!!  I think Jerry planned it that way because we had so much stuff we had to go home and we didn't get to shop other stores!  I did talk him into going through Burger King's drive-thru to get a handful of $1.00 Double Cheeseburgers for our dinner.

Friday we went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store to look around. . . I was really curious to see if they sold Maternity clothes or Baby furniture.  It was neat to walk around and look at everything they had in there.  I did find a couple Maternity pants that I can wear to work and a pink maternity t-shirt that I really liked.  Jerry wanted me to get a few more since they were in really good condition and were really cheap but most of them looked like they were from a decade ago!  :o)  I picked out the ones I liked from this centry and that was good enough for me!  After the Salvation Army, I took Jacob and went next door to Big Lots and Jerry took Chloe to the Pet Store a couple shops down.  There I got Halloween treats for Chloe's class, a few small Chirstmas Stocking stuffers, a few baby things for Amanda and a Christmas present for one of the guys.  Chloe also got a new Nintendo DS game to play on Daddy's Nintendo DS because she's not getting her own until Christmas.  :o)  Big Lots had a lot of DS games for the younger kids for only $13 so I might go back and pick up another game or two to save until Christmas.

Today was cleaning day for me.  After working all those crazy and weird hours at work my house really needed some TLC.  Chloe and Jacob spent the morning outside with me while I mowed the grass and cleaned up all the yard toys and dead plants.  Chloe and Jacob crushed 4 bags of soda cans for me and swept out the garage.  After lunch we started cleaning inside the house. . . although Chloe played the Nintento DS and Jacob watched cartoons more than helping me clean.  It took all day but we finally got the entire house cleaned and the laundry washed, dryed, folded and put away.  I even had time to go through two huge bags of boy clothes that were given to me for Jacob from Jerry's sister.

Although the cleaning needed to be done, the incentive was to get all of it done today so that tomorrow I can play!  Joanna (+Caleb) and I (+Chloe&Jacob) are going shopping tomorrow. . . we are getting out of the house and browsing the shops!  I am so excited, I really wanted to go shopping but I didn't want to go by myself so I am thrilled that Joanna is coming with me!!  I might get a little Christmas shopping done but my main goal is to get the kids their Halloween costumes.

0 comments: