Sunday, September 26, 2010

24w2d - Long Update

Wow, where has the past week gone?  I have been working major hours at work getting ready for Inventory, on top of my already growing Christmas countdown.  So as I sit here and type you out an update I will try to remember what I did the past week!!

Saturday, September 18th - I had Girl Scout Cookie Training in Belton from 9am-noon.  Afterward, Susan (my sister-in-law) and I went on a mini shopping trip.  I personally didn't get anything but I had a blast hanging out with just her since the kids were all with their Dad's.  Saturday was also Freeman's Homecoming Festival.  Jerry took the kids across the street to see the parade and to play a few games.  They each came home with their faces painted and lots of fun stories to tell.

Sunday, September 19th - I worked am extra 7a to 4p shift at work getting ready for Inventory.  Only reason I got to leave at 4 was because Jerry had to be at work at 5p and my kids can't watch themselves!!

Monday, September 20th - I worked 7a to 4pm getting ready for Inventory.  Again, the only reason I got to leave at 4 was because Jerry had to be at work at 5p and my kids can't watch themselves!!

Tuesday, September 21st - I worked 7a to 7p getting ready for Inventory.  Jerry didn't feel very good so I brought home Chinese food for dinner, kids were up a little late but happy to see me!!

Wednesday, September 22nd - Day before Inventory, which meant I wasn't going home until everything was ready!!  So ultimately it was a long day. . . I worked 7a to 430p then they made us clock out for dinner and come back at 7p and work until 1030p.  For as long as that day was, I had a good time with friends. . . I was invited to go to a fellow department managers house, who lived close by and have sandwiches, chips, dip and desert with a lot of our fellow department managers.  I was a lot of laughs and a lot of fun!  I would definitely do that again!

Thursday,  September 23rd - Inventory Day. . . I had to be clocked in and ready to go at 645am.  And I stood around doing nothing while they Inventoried the store.  The store didn't get cleared until 5pm and I was able to go home around 530pm.

Friday, September 24th - The dreaded day after. . . we came out of Inventory with some awesome numbers - Total store got .59% (same as last year).  And my Toy Dept came out even better than last year, Shrinkage -.57% / Inventory Adjustment 11,973 / Inventory to Inventory Sales 2,118,424 :o) I know that means nothing to you non-walmart folks, but to me that means all my hardwork payed off!  I set a high goal for myself next year!  The reports took me a while to complete and we actually were short a few department managers so we had to help out in unfamiliar departments. . . lets just say I hate cosmetics!!  I work from 7a to 5p - after 5 it didn't matter because the system automatically finalizes and orders.

Saturday, September 25th - Finally a day off!  I got to sleep in and hang out with the children that I hadn't seen in days!!  We went grocery shopping and I cleaned the house and did a butt load of laundry!!  I would have loved to accomplish more around the house but I was in a lot of pain and my boy was moving a lot.  I spent some time relaxing on the couch and in the tub, basically begging the little booger to calm down.  I guess there is only so much he was going to take and after working 6 days, he just wanted me to relax.

Well look at that!  It finally brings us to today!  Sunday, September 26th - I had to work today because this week brings modulars for me.  So I have to work overnights three nights this week.  But that's okay, it's finally a break in the routine.  And the light at the end of this tunnel is I get a three day weekend followed by 4 day weekend, then followed by another 3 day weekend.  :o)  I am planing to go to my parents house one of those weekends, maybe to see Jerry's family another one of those weekends, and also hopefully squeezing in the pumpkin patch.  Those are my plans anyways. . . hopefully, they all come together and I'm able to enjoy some very much needed family time.  Actually, I really need some Heidi and Jerry time. . . it's been a while since we've been able to just hang out and enjoy each other's company without the children.  I desperately need that even if it's just an hour or two! 

The weather has cooled off a lot here in Kansas City and I am loving it.  Hopefully, on Tuesday Jerry and I can get the yard cut and attended to one last time. . . then maybe I'll just want to sleep the day away!  Me and baby have been a tired duo the last couple of weeks.  I know I have been working too long of hours and I am looking forward to the longer weekends ahead of me. . . but Christmas season is coming and that means more hours and more work for me.  I just have to watch it and not get working so much that I get stressed.  LOL, I find myself wishing for January, even with a new baby, things will slow down and get back to normal!!  I hope!

0 comments: