Sunday, June 26, 2011

*V*a*C*a*T*i*O*n*

**D*a*Y* *O*n*E** - Wednesday, June 22
The day was suppose to start off with a 9am oil change, but that never happened.  We slept in and totally missed the appointment.  Which isn't a bad thing!  We all got some much needed sleep.  But after a late start, we ended up at Harrisonville City Park.  The kids got a lot of exercise and released a lot of energy running around the playground.

We only stayed at the park for a couple hours, before we headed off to Walmart to pick up some groceries for dinner. And once we got home, it was dinner and Girl Scouts for Chloe and I. It was our last meeting of the year. . . next time is camping!!  Yay!

After Girl Scouts and the kids' bedtime, Jerry & I watched a movie together.  It was "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler, Jennifer Anisten, and Nicole Kidman.  Hilarious movie!!  I was dead tired and I stayed awake through the entire thing!  I'd watch it a hundred times over.

**D*a*Y* *T*w*O** - Thursday, June 23
The started off at 9:30am, again, a little later than it should have but we were all tired!!  After we all got feed and dressed, off we went to the Kansas City Zoo!  Jerry and I renewed our Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) Membership - this time making it Platinum because of the unlimited Train, Tram, Carousel, Boat and Sky Lift!  Basically, the kids can do whatever they want when we go to the zoo.  Plus, Jerry and I can take up to 6 kids (Jaxen doesn't count) to the zoo for free with the unlimited rides.  :o)  So excited, the zoo is one of the kids' favorite places and now it can be Jaxen's too!


We had to leave the Zoo early because Jaxen had a well-baby check up that I've already rescheduled twice!  And we were running too late to take Jerry and the older two home so they dropped Jaxen and I off at the doctor's office and went and got some Burger King.  Then they sat out in the car eating and watching a movie!  Jaxen's appointment went well.  He got 2 more shots!  :o(  And he weighed in at 17 pounds 8 ounces and he was 26 inches tall.  Everything seems perfect!  The concerns that I had regarding his circumcision and breathing were put to rest, everything is fine and normal.  He's belly button hernia is going away slowly and we strengthened his neck muscles because he's able to turn his head in all directions!  In short a perfectly healthy baby boy!!  :o)

After a quick trip to Walmart for Tee Ball snacks and drinks, off to the ball field we went!  Chloe's last game of the season. . . kinda sad that's she's played her last tee ball game.  Next year it will be coach's pitch, which she is nervous about.  But I'm thinking she needs to at least try it. . . who knows she could be awesome at it!  So that's all the updates I'll have about tee ball this year, I'm sad to see the season over.

After tee ball we went out to dinner with Joanna, Caleb and Sam - they had come to see Chloe play.  It was a lot of very interesting conversations and some great laughs!!  The things my kids say!  I'm sure Joanna, Caleb and Sam will be laughing for days!!  :o)  After dinner, we came home to rest and play.  Jaxen was getting cranky - I gave him some Tylenol and juice and off to bed he went!!  Jerry and I watched another movie together, this time it was "The Dilemma" with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James.  I didn't like it as much as Jerry did, but it did have some funny moments!

**D*a*Y* *T*h*R*e*E** - Friday, June 24
Once again the morning got off to a late start. . . hehe, but what else is vacation for?!?!  Everyone was up, dressed and ready to go by 1:15pm, so we were able to make the 1:40 showing of Cars 2!  We had to d-r-a-g Chloe to the movies because she didn't want to watch Cars 2!  (But I quickly reminded her that Jacob is made to go to Girl Scouts and the Tee Ball Field - even if he doesn't want too!)  The movie was absolutely terrific!  Both kids walked out of the movie theaters happy with the movie.  It was officially Jaxen's first movie in the movie theaters and he slept about 80% of the time.  But I didn't mind since I was then able to enjoy the movie.


After the movie, we came home to change into our bathin' suits and off to the Harrisonville Aquatic Center!  The kids have never been there and it was SO much fun.  We went for the Family Swim, 5p - 7p and it was only $9 for all of us.  Not bad for the facility.  It has a huge kid jungle gym that Chloe and Jacob loved!!  There were sadden when the pool attendant said the pool was closing.  The big kid side of the pool has 2 diving boards and 2 water slides.  Chloe really wanted to go down the big slides but we told her that she had to learn to swim first.  The best part of the Aquatic Center was the amount of lifeguards!  There were about 7 to 9 lifeguards at all times. . . I would feel comfortable taking the kids there by myself.  It was a really nice facility and we will definitely be back!!
Jaxen just loved the water.   He actually got mad at us when we took him out of the water.  He just splashed and splashed.  Jax wanted us to let him so completely, he tried so hard to squirm away - I totally think we were cramping his style!


Dinner from KFC ended another amazing day and the kids were totally wore out!!  :o)

**D*a*Y* *F*o*U*r** - Saturday, June 25
Saturday's plans were ruined because Momma got sick during the night.  It was awful. . . I couldn't sleep, tossed and turned, getting up every hour or so to get sick, coming back to bed with the chills and running a fever.  I felt horrible and I am so glad I don't get sick very often.  I kept Jerry up most of the night worried about me. . . he was trying to be helpful but I just wanted him to leave me alone and stop moving the bed!  I eventually got to sleep, not sure of the time but it was after 3am.  Jerry got up with the babies and let me sleep.  The alarm went off around 9a and I was still feeling icky.  I got a drink and went back to sleep.  I slept off and on until about 1pm, when I was feeling a little better and finally decided it was time to brave the day.
Once I was up and about, Jerry headed in to nap since he had to return to work tonight.  So the kids and I hung out and watched movies from the couch.  Jaxen's was a little cranky and also running an low grade fever.  I don't think he's sick-sick.  I think it's a combination from his shots (which still have his legs red and swollen) and teething.  The kid is drooling like CrAzY and constantly has something in his mouth.  And I've always said he acted more like Chloe than Jacob and Chloe had the worst time teething!  She would always run a high fever and act sick for a few days.  So I'm hoping Jaxen is exactly like Chloe was when it comes to teeth.

**D*a*Y* *F*i*V*e** - Sunday, June 26
♥♥♥♥ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO JERRY & I ♥♥♥♥  Seven years of marital bliss and friendship! Here's looking forward to seven more!! I love you baby! Thank you for being my partner in crime, I can't wait to see what's next for us.  It's us against the world!!  I love you with all my heart.

Today started out nice and lazy!  Kids didn't stir until 9ish, Chloe put Toy Story 3 in for her and Jacob so that me and Jaxen could get some more sleep!  After listening to the dogs bark and the weather radio going off, I figured I better get up and get this day moving!!

After getting Jax up and feed and changed and cuddled and all the other fun things you do with a baby in the morning, I grabbed a quick shower before the kids and I headed out to get some grocery shopping done.  Oh boy that was a chore!!  Today I've had a very bossy 6-year-old, a non-listening 3-year-old, and a cranky 6-month-old whom I believe is teething!  It's about made me want to pull out my hair.

We grabbed some Sonic for lunch and headed home to see if Daddy was up.  And he was, Jerry was up and getting his homework for the week done.  Kid's (semi) played quietly until Jerry was done then we all enjoyed a Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream Patty - Delicious! - before Jerry had to head off to work.  Then some how between the kids / dogs / cats, something got spilled on my couch and I've had to spend the last 2 hours carpet cleaning the couch and while I was at it, the living room carpet.  **See I told you I'm about ready to pull my hair out!!**

On top of all that, Jaxen is unbearably cranky today.  Jerry was the only one who was making him happy and well, he's not here.  And believe me Chloe, Jacob and I have all tried to make him happy.  I finally gave up and gave him a small dose of Tylenol - in case it is teething - and rocked him to sleep.  Thankfully, he is currently sleeping in my bed while I grab some much needed "ME" time while the carpet is drying and I'm waiting to put the room back together!  I'm really just ready for a nap!

Well there are things to be done around here. . . tomorrow I must go back to work. . . BOO!  23 more WORKING days until my next vacation!!  :o)  I'm so ready!  :o)

PS> The rest of our vacation photos can be seen on our Picasa Web Albums.  If you need the sites address just let me know!

0 comments: