Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beautiful Weather

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do on here!  We have been so busy getting things taken care of and accomplished that I just haven't had the time to sit down and type.  I promise, I am going to try over the next couple of day catch everyone up with my latest happenings -- including my last doctor's appointment!
We have had such lovely weather the last two days!  Jerry and I have been busy getting things fixed up and tweaked up around the house.  Let me fill you in on everything we've done this week!

Saturday, February 18th - Jerry and I both worked.

Sunday, February 19th - Jerry and I both worked.  {22 weeks pregnant!}

Monday, February 20th - Jerry and I both worked.

Tuesday, February 21st - Jerry had to get some sleep and my sister-in-law and Susan had an important meeting at school about one of her kids.  So the boys and I went into Harrisonville around 9:30am and joined Emily and Susan at their "playgroup".  Susan left before playgroup was over, then I took all three to the library for story time at 11:00am.  They had a little craft to do after story time, so Jacob and Emily took their time making their doorknob hangers while we waited for Susan.  The boys had so much fun, I think I'm going to try and make it a weekly trip to Story Time at the Library.
It was after 12pm went I got home with the boys.  I fed them both lunch and set Jaxen down for a nap.  Then Jacob and I relaxed around the house until Chloe got home from school.  I can't remember what we did that evening, but I do remember Jerry got us Chinese for dinner.
Wednesday, February 22nd - **World Thinking Day for Girl Scouts!**  The weather was beautiful!!  Jerry, Jacob and I got outside most of the day.  {Jaxen played outside for a while with us then took a couple hour nap!}  We cleaned up the yard from the dogs getting into the trash or shredding their pillows into stuffing!  While we were out there, we figured out how Zinzi and Bandit were getting out of the yard. . . Jerry was able to fix the fence to keep them in and out of my trash!
BEFORE
After the yard was clean, we headed to the garage.  It was a disaster zone, but when you move within a matter of days it's going to happen!  I'm embarrassed to show the before picture, but I have to in order for you to get all the work that we put into the stupid garage!
BEFORE
Now mind you some of that is now sitting inside my dinning room waiting to be unpacked but now it's in the house and I can't use the excuse that's it's too cold outside to go get it. Most of it is things I just need to go through and get rid of and I will over the next week or two! It's only been inside my house 24 hours and already I'm tired of it all sitting there.
AFTER
After we got the garage half-way decent - it's not finished but it's good for now because we can get two cars inside and get to the tools and refrigerator and deep freezer - we went to Susan & Bob's house to take Emily, Chloe's old Dora bike to use this summer.  Plus we needed to use their air compressor to air up the kids' bike tires.  = )  {Side Note: We had to take the Explorer because of the kids' bikes.  This was the first time that I had gotten back in the Explorer since we laid it on it's side January 2011.  I was a nervous wreck, brought back a lot of scary memories.}  We stayed and chit-chatted for a little bit, while the kids all rode bikes and played outside together. 

When we left Susan's house, we swung by Walmart for sandwich cheese, cat food, curtain rod and Mt. Dew.  Since it was getting late when we left Walmart we stopped by Little Caesar's and got a couple of their $5 pizzas to take home for dinner. 

Thursday, February 23rd - Once I got Chloe on the bus and Jacob to preschool, I headed to Walmart  When I got home, Jerry and I went out and reburied our septic tank.  It doesn't sound like a big task, but I was beat after moving all that dirt with a shovel!!  Since I pulled into the garage to unload the milk and bread into the refrigerator out there {no room in the refrigerator in the house for 2 more gallons of milk}, we went ahead and cleaned out my car, vacuumed, and washed the windows.  = )  Now they are finger print and dog nose free - for now!
By the time we got the car cleaned out, it was time for me to pick up Jacob from school.  Once we ate lunch, I cleaned up the house and got laundry going.  Then we hung up a lot of my picture frames!  I'm not done yet, but I got a good start to it. . . I'm so procrastinating on getting my dinning room emptied out!
Anyone want to come help me?!?!
But in my head I justified doing what I wanted after I got the garage cleaned up and pretty for Jerry.  Makes sense, right?!  So I spent my afternoon playing around on the computer and hammering nails into my walls!!  Check out *SOME* of my handy work!!


Okay, that's it for tonight!!  You will have to come back in a couple of days to see the update for the week prior . . highlights: My doctor's appointment and income taxes!  = ) 

0 comments: