Sunday, September 5, 2010

21w2d

**Baby Update - Mommy is 21 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Your baby's blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture the baby. The placenta is now almost equal in size to the baby. As your baby begins to lay down more fat, your weight will also increase. During the next 10 weeks, you will gain about half of the total gain for your entire pregnancy. Strangers can now tell that you are pregnant! You might notice an increase in appetite because you need 500 more calories a day to support your charged up metabolism.  For now, we’re pleased to report the addition of rapid eye movement (REM) a key component to any healthy baby’s sleep schedule. The beginnings of what is commonly called “brown fat” is just starting to fill in to help your baby retain some body heat, which is crucial as they’re not yet capable of regulating their own body temperature.  And as for Mom - You're in full-swing pregnancy mode. Most moms are feeling pretty good right about now. Funny enough, you may already be noticing some mild uterine contractions—don’t panic, this is completely normal. Actually, your uterus contracts throughout your whole life—only now that there's enough pressure on the uterine muscles you can feel them more distinctly when they contract.  Don't be surprised if your legs and feet become swollen throughout the day. You should try to get off of your feet some throughout the day and prop your legs up.**

I'm feeling wonderful lately.  I've almost gotten a new wave of energy. . . I can't really tell but I think the change in the weather has a lot to do with it.  It's been absolutely beautiful outside, our windows and doors are open and with the fans and gentle breeze the house feels great.  Hopefully, we are past all the overpowering, yucky, super hot days!  Now I'm not ready for the super cold days, but it will nice to bring on the days of fall!! 
 
I've also been getting a lot of much needed sleep.  Jerry's been awesome about letting me sleep in. . . he works all night and comes home and takes care of Chloe and Jacob until I wake up.  Only then does he go to bed.  I feel really bad that I'm sleeping so late, but he refuses to wake me.  Especially since he's the one who has to work all night, and I'm the one with the day off!  He knows that I haven't been sleeping too well the last couple of months and lately I've been able to sleep through everything - kids, alarms, phone, etc!!  Jerry's always been awesome to me, but it's the little things like these that prove to me how much he really loves to take care of me.  I definately found myself a good one, and a good father to my kids. 
 
While daddy slept, the kids and I cleaned the house, did some laundry, grocery shopped, and cooked dinner.  They had it rough, because I refused to let them watch ANY tv today.  It was way to nice out for them to be glued to the television.  It was interesting to watch their imaginations at play when they were left to figure out what they were going to do. . . and I'm happy to say that for the most part, they played and got along wonderfully together.  I hope tomorrow is just as nice. . . I plan to spend some more time outside, hopefully, grilling up hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cob this Labor Day Monday!!

0 comments: