Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Girl Scouts

Tonight was the registration night in Harrisonville, so went as a family and registered Chloe for Daisy Girl Scouts.  At least, that was my plan. . . to register Chloe for Daisy Girl Scouts.  But before we left the building, Chloe was a registered Daisy, Mommy was a registered Daisy Leader, and the Girl Scout Council was making plans to recruit a few more girls from the town we live in - Freeman, so that we could start a troop here in our town.  If not, the plans in place would make me a Daisy Leader in Harrisonville on Wednesday nights.

I got to talk with the Service Unit Manager, Council Membership Director and a bunch of other people.  They seem really excited and hurting for leaders for troops.  I have training that I have to attend on Wednesday and then council is going to help me find a location and time for the meetings.  They talked about just having the meetings at my house, and I turned it down imediately!  Wednesday nights are going to be all about Chloe and Mommy, the boys are going to stay home and get quality time together!!  Lol, I should be set to go next week.  Anyone know of any good scouting websites I can use for Daisy's?!?!  It's been a while since I was a leader.  :o)  I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew!!  This is going to be a busy year for me!!

0 comments: