Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Update

Mommy time is getting to be pretty scarce around here. . . which is why the updates have been short and sweet.  Most of the time, I just have enough free moment to post a picture or two.  Plus it's not been easy with a computer that only powers on when it wants to. . . and shuts down whenever it feels like it.  I get so aggravated at it and Jerry gets tired of messing with it (something about the heat syncs not cooling off, so it over heats and quits working for me).  So I definitely see a new computer in our near future. . . I'm just trying to decide if I want a desktop or another laptop.  I love the mobility of the laptop, but they are only lasting us a couple years.  I'm really contemplating on getting a desktop. . . my desktop is still the one mom and dad got me for my high school graduation!!  So it's 11 years old. . . it still works but it's extremely outdated and slow.

After almost a week of "Snow Days", Chloe finally went back to school Thursday and Friday - Only to be off for another 3-day weekend!  Ay-Ay-Ay!  It's really difficult to handle all 3 kids at one time!!  And I know what you are thinking, Did I really think it was going to be easy?!?!  And the answer to that is no, I knew what I was getting into.  But looking ahead, you don't see or anticipate everything.  For example, Jacob.  My middle child.  Wants to be the baby (although don't call him that!  He gets mad.) - he only seems to want attention or act out when my hands are busy with Jaxen.  I can spend a the time in the world with Jacob, playing and laughing, but the second I pick up Jaxen to feed him, Jacob needs something!  And it normally ends with Jacob crying in his room because he has to wait. . . And just so you know, I don't send him to his room, he goes there himself to pout when he gets upset.  But the one thing that really makes me mad is when Jacob pees his pants for attention.  From the beginning, Jacob has been a complete nightmare to potty train.  And now it seems like we have taken a HUGE step backwards.  I am at a loss, I have no idea what to try next.  We've rewarded good behavior, ignored bad behavior, talk to, yelled at, potty danced, and cheered him on.  He could care less.  Very aggravating!!

And when Jacob's not fighting for attention with Jaxen, he is just plan fighting with Chloe.  Those two are like fire and ice.  One second they are playing, laughing, sharing nicely with each other, then BAM! They are literally at each other's throats!  Which normally ends up with them each in their own rooms crying because they want to play with each other.  Ahh!  Can you see why I'm ready to pull my hair out?  I really love being at home and not having to go to work every day. . . but sadly, I miss the normalcy of adult conversation and routines.  I like being the one to cause trouble, not the one breaking it up!! 

Besides the kids, the other thing that has now taken over my life - and my house!! - is Girl Scout Cookies!!  They got delivered to Harrisonville last Thursday and I've been knee high in them ever since.  My little Freeman troop of 7 Daisy Girl Scouts sold 849 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies during our pre-orders.  Plus with the extra 132 boxes we have for our booth sales!  So if you need more Girl Scout Cookies, Please let me know!!  Girl Scouts start back up on Wednesday night - I took a month off because of Jaxen.  I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. . . back to normal.  We have to start getting ready for Thinking Day.  I have exactly 3 meetings to get the display, swaps, and everything else Thinking Day related made and ready to go.  Cookie booth sales start next weekend for me.  I have two weekends in a row where we are selling cookies on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.  I hope we have a good turn out and can sell the remaining cookies.  I really want my first cookie sale as the leader in charge to be a successful one.


I started my Wii Fit workouts last night.  And the Wii board said I was 135 pounds, which was 14 pounds heavier than the last time I was on it. . . which was pre-Jaxen.  So I have set myself up with a workout plan, and the Wii Board is going to help me loose 14 pounds in 4 weeks.  Plus it's going to help me tone my abdominal muscles.  I made a deal with myself that if I can work out for 30 minutes at least 5 nights a week, then I will spoil myself with a new work out game. . . I'm thinking The Biggest Loser.  I would love to workout more than that, but I know just getting 30 minutes to myself is asking a lot, and I'm probably going to be working out at night after all the kids are asleep.  So 30 minutes is a lot when I'm probably going to be doing it around midnight!  But with a new game, it will give me something different, I have the Wii Fit game all memorized.  Plus I want something more invigorating.  I don't just want stretches and toning, I really want aerobics and heart pumping work outs!!  But I will add as a note-to-self, do not work out after eating jalapeno poppers for dinner!!  Talk about heartburn, burning reflux. . . not cool!  The hardest part of loosing the weight is the fact that I am home all day long and the food is looking at me.  I'm hungry all the time!  I think if I was working, there wouldn't be time in my day for "snacking".  Plus, did I mention that there are about 800 Girl Scout Cookies in my house!!


Well, I think that's about all I have for now.  I'm sure more will pop into my head later, but until then - Have a wonderful football watching Sunday!  LOL

Go Steelers!!

0 comments: