Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - May 31


Being that this Tuesday falls on the last day of the month, I'm going to to recap the top ten moments of May. . .
  1. Milestones - Jaxen turned 5 months old and wants to do so much!  You can just see it in his eyes. . . May 30th, Jaxen sat up by himself!  Yet another milestone for the baby book!  Somebody tell this kid to slow down!
  2. Tee Ball - On May 10th, Chloe started her 2nd and final year in tee ball.  I ♥ being a tee ball mom!!!  Chloe is ten time more confident this year and it shows in the way she plays.  I look forward to Tuesday's and Thursday's at the ball field!
  3. Carter James Noble - I have a nephew!!  First one by blood!  Carter was born on May 6th at 4:11am, weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces & 21 inches long!  I'm floating on cloud nine, he's absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to see the man he's going to become.
  4. Volunteering - My family celebrated Memorial Day Weekend by volunteering for Children's Miracle Network. . . We had an awesome time and raised a total of $856.06 in two days.  Jerry and I taught our kids how to make a difference in someone else's life just because they can!
  5. Field Trip - I got to go on Chloe's very first field trip.  We went to the Kansas City Zoo.  I got to ride the bus with Chloe and her classmates.  I absolutely loved spending the day at the Zoo with my girl and 31 of her friends! :o)
  6. Mother's Day - Mother's Day is always a good day!  My kids are so good to me.  What a difference a year makes. . . it was one year on Mother's Day that the pregnancy test showed that I was going to be a mother again!!  Children are gifts from God - Mothers are just the angels that protect them. 
  7. Kindergarten -  Chloe's last day of Kindergarten was bittersweet, she got off the bus yelling, "I'm a first grader!!".  And that she was. . . her grades were amazing and once again she got perfect attendance!
  8. Girl Scouts - Chloe's first year as a Daisy Girl Scout is coming to an end, during the month of May we finalized our plans to spend our money.  We are going camping!!  The girls are really excited and for most of them, Chloe included, this will be their first camping trip.
  9. Tornado's - By now everyone knows about the EF-5 Tornado that hit Joplin, Mo.  But a week later my family was in the direct line of tornado's. . . I spent the day hiding out at Walmart while tornado's hit Louisburg, KS & Sedalia, MO.  Chloe's school is only 7 miles away from where the tornado touched down in Louisburg.  Sedalia was hit hard on the south side.  Thank God that nothing bad happened. . . Lord knows we were close enough to them all!
  10. Osama bin Laden - Everyone remembers where they were on September 11, 2001 and now I remember were I was on May 1st when we found out that Osama Bin Laden was dead!! God Bless America!  US Forces took down #1 on our Most Wanted List. . . we can all sleep better knowing that there is one less terrorist in the world.

0 comments: