Monday, May 16, 2011

An Update

Well, it just amazes me how easy it has become for me to go a week between blog posts!  I promise, I never mean to do that, but my life sort of gets in the way and I lose track of time!  Heck, I haven't even snapped a picture of the kids lately.
-------------------------------------
The J's and the C's
Jaxen, Jacob, Carter, Chloe
The kids are doing well, they are happy and healthy and oh so full of energy!  I really wish that the weather would warm up again. . . I wanna get them outside and let them run off most of their energy!  With the changing of the season, I've had to change out their wardrobes again.  Oh my, have the kids grown!!  I took 3T and 4T clothes out of Chloe's dresser and 18m and 24m clothes out of Jacob's!  Needless to say, their clothes needed upgraded pretty badly.  Last Thursday night we extended bedtime by an hour so that we could go shopping for summer clothes.  We hit the Clearance jackpot at Walmart and each kid got 6-10 new outfits.  Next payday I'm hoping to update their pajamas. . . :-)

Carter and Jaxen - 20 weeks apart
Jerry and I took the kids to my parents house this weekend!  Jerry wanted to work on the Explorer again. . . we are getting so close to getting the Explorer back home.  While we where there, we got to spend some quality time with Aunt Karey and Uncle Alan, Joanna and Caleb AND Amanda and Jeremy.  Plus, I got my hands on Mr. Carter!!  It was good having some family time.  I've learned to take it when I can get it. . . sure beat sitting at home cleaning and doing the laundry!  Heck, I haven't even grocery shopped in two weeks - just don't have the time.  However, I am going to have to pencil it in sometime next week (don't see it happening this week unless I do it at 2am) because my kids are getting way to use to microwave dinners!

Aunt Heidi and Carter
Back to work - this is going to be one heck of a week for me.  Not only do I have a TON of thing going on this week, I can't even stay late a day or two to get ahead because my social calendar is booked!  LOL.  Between working all day and rushing home to get kids to the ball field, Girl Scouts, and PTO activities and then rushing home to feed the kids dinner, just to barely get them to bed on time, I barely have time to breathe.  Then on top of that, in my spare time I have to plan Girl Scout Camping for this summer, plan and run a Bike Rodeo this weekend and managed a children's carnival at work next week -- my to-do lists are killing me and it's exhausting!  You should have seen the mountain of laundry I had to stay up until 2:30am this morning doing!  Oh the great joys of parenting!!!  :-)  One day, I'll be old and gray - sitting around the house bored, enjoying my time reading a book or watching TV.  Scratch that - When that day comes, I think I'll be missing my kids and there active ways!
-------------------------------------
Carter
Please bare with me this week, it really is jam-packed to the brim with activities!  Next week looks a little better -- hopefully it stays that way, I could really use the down time!

0 comments: