Saturday, June 23, 2012

10 days

10 days.

Tyler's been in our lives for 10 days.
It's been a rocky 10 days.
It's been a struggle to figure out our new 'normal' schedule.
Jaxen is EXTREMELY hands-on, he loves to give Tyler kisses and hugs.
Jacob and Chloe want to help, but their version of help isn't always true 'help'.
Chloe's learning to change diapers, and she is still grossed out with the poop.

No matter how crazy it gets, it's wonderful having everyone together while Jerry is on leave with us.
I am truly enjoying my last go-round with an infant in the house.
Tyler can sleep through almost everything - Jax screaming, Chloe and Jake playing/fighting.
Tyler is also a good eater, he loves to lock eyes with you when he's being fed.
However, he likes to be WIDE awake from around 10p-2a every night.  :-\
We are working at getting his awake time in the evening, so that all babies are in bed by 10ish.

I am healing good.
I can finally pickup Jaxen without any strain on my incision.
I have been medicine free {not even Tylenol or Motrin} since Wednesday {1 week after surgery}.
I have been extremely thirsty and craving sweets.
My milk supply has finally given up hope of being used and has eased up - THANKFULLY!
I'm finally getting my energy back, I can cook my family dinner without having to sit-down.
At first, I was getting frequent headaches - but I think I'm getting use to the craziness now.

Tyler's next doctors appointment is Monday, June 25th - for a weight & color check.
My next appointment is Friday, June 29th - for my 2 week post partem checkup.  {Hopefully, the doctor will give me the all clear to drive!!}

0 comments: