Sunday, August 15, 2010

18w2d

**Baby Update - Mommy is 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon. The bones through which sound is passed to the inner ear have hardened and the parts of the brain that receives and processes nerve signals from the ears are developing. This means that your baby can hear now. Your baby will get used to familiar sounds, such as your heart beating, familiar voices, blood rushing through the umbilical cord and other daily routine sounds. Your baby will become startled if he hears a loud sound.**

It's 3am here and I cannot sleep!  I am exhausted and cranky and sleep still will not come to me.  I think this baby is trying to kill me. . . Every time I lay down, and I mean every time, my arms fall asleep.  And not just that funny feeling - I'm talking pins and needles stabbing pain.  And of course, who can sleep feeling like that.  I have tried every sleeping position - back, left side, right side, tummy, on pillows, off pillows, arm hanging off the the bed. . . nothing is working.  I just want to scream. . . I might just fall asleep sitting on the couch like I did last week.  Jerry came home at 5am and thought something was wrong. . . it's the only way I can get some sleep.  Okay enough whining.

It's going to be a busy week for us here.  Hopefully, I can keep everyone updated, but you will have to forgive me if I can't.  Tuesday night is Chloe's back to school night where we get to go and meet the teacher and take her school supplies.  Wednesday is Chloe's first day of school, the school bus will pick her up at 7:32am!  I'm completely terrified - I took the day off of work so I can sit at home anxiously waiting for the bus to bring my 5-year-old back.  Thursday my new bike rack is going in at work, and even though I'm not going to be loading bikes into it, I am going to go into work for a few hours to supervise.  (No one at work knows I'm pregnant yet! lol)  Friday is my doctor's appointment and gender ultrasound!!  Can't wait!  Even though Chloe will be in school we are bring a DVD home to show her and Jacob - maybe I'll even be able to upload it on here!  Jerry also volunteered to work overtime hours Friday afternoon/evening. 

Hopefully, this weekend I will be putting the final touches on Jacob's 3rd Birthday Party.  I can't believe my babies are getting so big!  He is doing awesome with potty training. . . today wasn't perfect but he's getting there.  I can't wait until he's completely potty trained.

And lastly, I have spent the day uploading the last 4 months worth of pictures off my camera. . . be sure to check them out at http://picasaweb.google.com/dailyplanet04 !

This is the nursery blankets that I've picked out this time. . . it's called 'Precious Planet' by Fisher Price

This is a close-up of the comforter. . . isn't it cute!!

0 comments: