Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jacob!!

Three years ago today, Jerry and I were blessed with a perfect baby boy! Weighting 7 pounds 11 ounces, Jacob Alexander Daily was born at 8:01am on Tuesday, August 28, 2007.  He has kept us on our toes since day one and only changed our lives for the better.  Today we celebrated Jacob - just like we did three years ago. . .

. . . when our family of three became a family of four!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was absolutely perfect.  Jerry and I got up bright and early to finish cleaning and vacuuming before the kids got up.  My family was coming over to the house for a visit before Jacob's big birthday party.  Grandma didn't want to share the birthday boy with everyone else.  LOL.  Jerry and I cleaned and got the last minute things together for his party while the kids ate breakfast and watched cartoons.  After Chloe and I wrapped Jacob's birthday presents, we let him open one to keep him occupied while we were waiting for the family.



When the family got here we had a house full!  Grandma, Grandpa, Great Grandma Kay, Aunt Karey, Michelle, Dave (Michelle's Boyfriend), Aunt Joanna, Caleb, Aunt Amanda, Jeremy, and of course us 4 - Mommy, Daddy, Chloe and Jacob.  We had a blast together, conversation was good, laughter was hard and the food was great.  I love days like this!



By the time everyone left, Jerry and I packed the car and headed to the park for Jacob's party.  It was fun and Jacob had a blast!  I had a lot more stuff planned than we actually did, but the kids were having fun just playing together.  They don't all get together that often, so it was nice to let them have a good time.  We had hot dogs, chips, a semi-melted cake, and lemonaid.  We sung to Jacob, let him open presents and what party is complete without a pinata!  It was a beautiful day for an outside party, the shelter house was covered and the playground equipment was shaded, and a nice breeze was blowing.  It was getting dark when we finally left - kids got to play together for about 3 hours.  I don't know about everyone elses but my kids passed out hard when we finally got them in bed! 



The dishes and cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow, tonight I'm going to spend it with my feet up and snuggled up with Jerry.  It's been a long, exciting day for us.  Goodnight!

0 comments: