Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oi-Vey!

I feel like I am falling farther and farther behind on everything.  My things-to-do list keeps getting longer!  You'd think that since I'm off four days a week, I'd be able to make a dent in this place!  And in reality, I spend more time cleaning up and getting followed around by Jaxen all day.  I think I'm just going to have to lock him in his bedroom to play while I get some things accomplished!


We have been in our house exactly one month now.  And I have yet to unpack this house. . . 90% of our stuff is boxed out in the garage.  The only things in this house are the things that we need and use all the time.  My kitchen is about 85% unpacked. . . and if I need something I just go out to the garage and get it!, the bedding and towels are all unpacked, every one's clothes and the large furniture are in inside the house and that's about it!  My poor children have their Christmas toys and that's it!  Hehe, it's going to be like Christmas again when I get their packed boxes inside the house!  Horrible, I know!  But I just haven't felt like doing it.  But now I am thinking that I NEED to!  I want pictures on the walls!  I want to make this place 100% ours before I get to fat to do it!

So I figure if I write it all down, a day or week at a time. . . you will hold me accountable for it right?!  I need to get this place whipped into shape before Chloe's birthday party!

Things to get done this week {Now - 01.27.12}: - Small steps, one day at a time!
  • Call Pediatrician's Office and reschedule Jaxen's 2nd Flu Shot
  • Jerry's Dentist Appointment at 830am on Tuesday 01.24.12
  • If warm enough - get the poles in the ground for the dog fence.
  • Catch up/finish Mt. Laundry {so behind because of the sewer problems}
  • Alex's Birthday party on Tuesday 01.24.12
  • Vacuum downstairs
  • Change bedding {once the laundry is caught up}
  • Clean the "playroom" - finish unpacking the toys
  • Get all the trash to the curb for pickup OR get to the burn pit to burn.
  • Take Christmas decorations to the carriage shed.
  • Unpack the office/Girl Scout/sewing room
  • Vacuum the upstairs
  • Clean & Carpet Clean the Master Bedroom
  • Carpet Clean the boy's room
  • Empty the dishwasher and run another load
  • Trim Lucy's butt
  • Clean the dining room / gather Jerry's tools for a trip to the garage!
  • Mop the kitchen floor
  • Clean the "sun" room - including carpet cleaning.

1 comments:

TeachinAuntie said...

You can do it! Sounds like Jerry & I will be at the dentist at the same time. I'm having a root canal on Tuesday morning & I'm scared. It'll only be the third time I left Vinnie.