Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top ten reasons {today} that I am blessed. . . . in no particular order!
  1. Dental Insurance - Jerry's wisdom teeth were pulled this morning because one of them was giving him quite a bit of pain.  I'm not sure if most of you know this, but dental work is expensive!  Tooth extraction starts at $197.40 a tooth - so $798.60 for all four wisdom teeth - and $75.00 for a panoramic xray bringing the total to $864.60!  Our dental insurance pays 80% of any work done (fillings/extractions) - Thank goodness!  Now the preventative services such as two cleanings a year is 100% covered. . . Kid's go next week when Jerry goes back to have his stitches removed.  = )
  2. Dr. Tracy - I know it goes along with the first one, but I am grateful that he was able to see Jerry so quick.  And that he was able to take care of him, even though his teeth were difficult, he really did take good care of him.  I honestly think it helped that he was the one that pulled my wisdom teeth - he still had all our dental insurance and such on hand.  And I think it helped that Jerry's sister goes to church with him and his family and she mentioned that her brother was coming in to see him.  No matter why - he was wonderful this morning and Jerry liked him even with the pain he was in!
  3. Free Babysitting - I am thankful for my sister-in-law and her babysitting services!  She offered to take both boys with her to Emily's play date and to the library so that they didn't have to sit 4-hours in the dentist's waiting room with me this morning. 
  4. Naps - The boys were so worn out from playing with their cousin this morning that they both passed out and took naps this afternoon.  Jerry's been sleeping since we came home from the dentist {he worked all night last night so he was tired!}.  Mommy got free time!!  And of course, instead of cleaning or doing laundry, I took a tiny nap too!  It was much needed after all the stress this morning.
  5. Electricity & Water - Without both I could not have gotten the amount of laundry and cleaning that I got done today!  I'm not sure what they did in the olden days, I surely wouldn't have survived!
  6. Warmer Weather - I've been able to get a few things taken care of outside today.  Now I have to find time to burn the trash in the burn pit.  I hope it's still nice out tomorrow so that I can get the boxes burned.  The dogs have also been outside most of the day - playing and running around like a crazy flock. . . now they are all snoozing and being good.
  7. Chloe's School - it's a small town K-12 school and they are amazing.  The school calls when your student hits a negative balance on their lunch account, that way you know to send more money.  Well Chloe's account went negative on Friday, so Monday morning Jerry sent lunch money to school with her.  Only last night, the school called again saying that Chloe's account was still negative.  I called up this morning and the lunch lady was able to hunt down Chloe's envelope with the lunch money it in. . . and put it in her account so I shouldn't get anymore phone calls about a negative balance for a while!  I love it when I am treated with a sense of urgency and they call you back asap!
  8. Tylenol #3 - I woke up this morning with a horrible headache and after 4 hours of regular Tylenol doing nothing to touch my pain, my Tylenol #3 took out my headache in the matter of minutes!
  9. Lego's - I am thankful that Jacob loves Lego's and I can use them as bribery to get him to go potty on the toilet!  It looks like we are on the right track again. . . Him and I have an understanding that for every 7 days he goes accident free, I will buy him a Monster Truck Lego.  He loves the green one he got and it well on his way to add a yellow one to his collection! 
  10. Birthday Parties - Tonight we are going to celebrate a little boys 7th Birthday!  My nephew, Alex turned 7 last weekend and we are going bowling with all the kids!!  I doubt Jerry will be making it but the kids and I will have a great time, I'm sure! 

0 comments: