Monday, January 23, 2012

The {Wisdom} Tooth Fairy

Yay!  It's Monday Evening.  I love Monday Evenings!!!  It means that my work week is done and I can sit back and enjoy four days off.  Four days, four days with kids and Jerry.  And this week. . . Four days of craziness!!  :-)

It was a nice weekend at work.  For the first time in a long time, I actually felt wonderful two of the days.  I was able to get my 180+ pallet moves done by about 1:30ish and go home.  I love getting out of work early!  I had a few phone calls to make on the way home - one was to the pediatrician to reschedule Jaxen's flu shot that we missed on Friday because I was trying to get Jerry's wisdom teeth taken care of.  Jaxen will get his 2nd part of the flu shot on Wednesday morning.

The other call was to the dental office.  Jerry has been taking Excedrin Migraine non-stop for days and I was concerned that it would have a reaction to the medicines that they will give him tomorrow.  So I called to double check and verify what medicines he could take to get him through one more night in wisdom tooth misery!  Tomorrow night it will be a whole different type of pain.  Anyways the dentist felt sorry or me - or maybe it was him - and called in a prescription for an antibiotic {in case there is an infection in his gums that's causing the pain} and a prescription for vicodin {pain reliever / happy pill}.  I was grateful for the prescriptions and I loved coming home with goodies for Jerry.  He was absolutely thrilled to get the medicines and in fact said that they are helping somewhat.  The swelling has gone down and the pain has lessened.  Of course, it was only the first dose so a miracle drug it wasn't but he's feeling some relief.

Tomorrow's the day.  After I get Chloe on the bus, I'm going to drop the boys off with Jerry's sister and take him to the dentist.  Not sure how long it will take, but his appointment is at 8:30am.  We should be back home by lunch and Jerry can pass out in bed and sleep the rest of the day. . . then the real pain will begin!  :-) 

I find it a little amusing, only because he's been a total bear the last couple of days and wants them to remove all of them instead of two at a time.  He thinks he's Mr. Brave and he's about to be knocked on his butt.  I can honestly say I know and feel his pain. . . I had my own wisdom teeth remove a couple years ago.  Only instead of the average 4 wisdom teeth, I had 6!!  And when removing the last wisdom tooth, the dentist broke my bridge bone causing even more pain during the healing time.  I didn't get this much special treatment . . . I had to make my own appointments . . . and go by myself to them!  Oh, how I am going to try not to enjoy his pain tomorrow. . . but he has no idea what he's in for.

But truthfully, I do wish him the best and hope he bounces right back {he thinks he's going to get a fence up this week after getting his teeth pulled}.  I don't like seeing him in this much pain and misery.  If you're up to it, remember Jerry in your prayer tonight and send him well wishes in the morning.

0 comments: