Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What am I doing wrong?!

Let me start off by saying that I KNOW that there are a lot of missing pieces in this blog!  I'm not sure if there is enough time in the day for me to fill you in on everything that has gone on in the past couple of months.  I can tell you that thing have been insane!  I hope things things are finally settling down for us and I believe we have made all the right decisions for our family.  Only time will tell and with time all will be revealed on here!   :-)

With everything going on, I really think it was/is too much for Jacob.  He's is absolutely driving me crazy because he has had a GIANT set back in using the bathroom.  My once 100% potty trained 4-year old is back to not going in the potty - AT ALL!  By 9am this morning, Jacob had already peed and pooped in his underwear.  He will sit in it and he will wear it all day long.  He will go get on the potty if I ask him to, but he will not go on his own.

I have tried EVERYTHING!  I'm almost to my breaking point.  I've punished/spanked, awarded good behavior, taken toys/monkey away, made him stand in the corner,bribed, sent him to bed early, praised, given him more one-on-one time and looked the other way.  I just don't know what else to do.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jacob says that he doesn't know when he has to go. . . which I find hard to believe because he's been potty trained once.  I also find it hard to believe because he sits in it until I find it. . . it doesn't phase him to have dirty underwear.  I'm sure it's all the changes that have taken place in the last month - new house, him and Jaxen have to share a room now, etc. 

Jerry and I are literally clueless.  Any suggestion would be appreciated!!  Any other parents gone through this?!

0 comments: