Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Tis the Season

After a much needed morning and afternoon of complete rest for mommy.  The evening was spent hanging out with the kids and putting up Christmas decorations!  Chloe and Jacob are getting really excited about Christmas and I love the being a part of and seeing the excitement in their eyes!!  I'm beyond excited because Jerry and I have been able to get the things that they asked Santa for at incredible prices (Thanks to Black Friday sales and Aunt Amanda!).  I can't wait for Christmas morning to see the pure excitement on their faces!

Chloe made me a giant Cat Picture. . .

Tinkerbell relaxing with me.

My big belly. . . Jaxen likes to sit on the right side - my poor ribs!

Our stockings are hung. . . including one for Jaxen - just in case he makes it here in time to see Santa.

Jacob - so excited he won't leave the tree alone!

Chloe and Jacob. . . ready for Christmas!!
As you can tell by the pictures, I tried to keep it very simple this year.  I put the tree up but I did not put any ornament on the tree this year.  Ninety percent of them fall off because of the kids or cats anyways and end up in a basket under the tree until I put them away.  So to save myself time and trouble (and bending over!!) I decided that this year we would go without.  Not to mention, that if everything stays the way it is, I will be having a c-section 13 days after Christmas. . . I might not feel like putting away all those tiny ornaments!!  Chloe and Jacob are only concerned about the star on the top so I think I might try digging it out tomorrow just to make them happy. 

Tomorrow, (totally depending on how I am feeling and how cold it is outside) I plan on putting up some outside lights.  Jerry gets to do the ones on the roof but the kids and I should be able to decorate the front porch!  If we do, I will post pictures!!

0 comments: