Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blessing in disguise?!

Okay, so I'm really, really nervous about this new job move.  I totally have it made in the position that I am in.  I hate walking away from a job that I love!  But after days and days of mind boggling thoughts, I believe the pros out way the cons!
Pros.
  • Only working 3 days a week - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
  • Having 4 days off with Jerry - currently we have no days off together
  • More time with my kids.
  • Shorter commute to work - less gas
  • Off by 330pm on the days that I do work
  • Off for doctor's appointments
  • Off for most Girl Scout events and meetings
  • Available for Chloe's school parties and field trips
  • Jacob can go to preschool - simply wasn't an option before.
  • Available for Jacob's school parties and field trips
  • WAY more money!  Over $800 a month more.
  • No responsibility - do my job and go home
Cons.
  • Giving up a job I love for one I'll probably hate
  • Working in the freezer - negative 52 degrees!!
  • Stuck in the same position for 6 months - at least!
  • Giving up my weekends off - no trips to Iowa once the kids are in school
  • Being at work at 4am - Ugh!
  • Jerry and I overlap an hour and a half Sunday and Monday morning. . . have to pay a baby sitter
  • Jerry and I work opposite shifts so the 3 days we do work are going to be VERY long days
  • Still only have 1 working vehicle.
I could probably go on and on forever but I don't think I have to.  One of the things I am most proud of and one of things that just wasn't an option because of work schedules and money - sending Jacob to preschool!!  I am going in tomorrow and registering him for Thursday-Friday Preschool Classes.  It was a lot of money that I couldn't justify with three kids and the rising cost of gas, rent, and car payment.  But now that I will be bringing in quite a bit more, it's totally justified.  Plus, I will be off those days and able to take him to and from school!  I am so excited, it's something I started doing with Chloe three years ago but Jerry had to take over once I got the Department Manager position.  So starting in Mid-August on Thursdays and Fridays from 8am until noon, Jaxen will be the only kid at home!!

Also, today we went and registered Chloe in cheerleading. . . so I am officially a cheer-mom!  She is totally stoked, she got to try on a uniform {for sizes} and everything!  So my schedules getting full again!!  Starting tomorrow - Monday and Wednesdays until school starts - Chloe has Cheer practice on the school football field.  Once school starts practices move to Tuesday and Thursday - which are better for us anyways!  Only have to figure out how to get her to and from the games that fall on Saturdays. . . because Jerry and I will both be working.  Hopefully, another mom will help me out with that. . . if not oh well, it's just for fun anyways.  :-)

So begins my crazy, busy life as mommy!!  Wish me luck. . . I will have 2 kids in school!!  Splitting my time between work, preschool, first grade, mommy, cheerleading, girl scouts and wife!  Poor Jerry's gonna get left out I'm afraid!  Oh wait!!  We will have Thursday and Friday without 2 of the 3 kids!!  :o)

0 comments: