Monday, July 4, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

4th of July Pictures, Graphics, Images, CommentsHappy 4th of July!!
It's been a beautiful day!!  It's hot as heck outside but we've been having a blast!  Jerry surprised us all and got the day off of work!  The kids and I were so happy!  (I took them outside last night, but I am a total chicken when it comes to fireworks and my kids - so we stayed with the little things little Morning Glories and Smoke Bombs.  Our neighbor's were out and help Chloe and Jacob shoot off some fun stuff for a while.  Sp that was nice of him)  But now that Daddy's home tonight we will get to shoot off the more exciting stuff, like strobes, Roman Candles, and those crazy bumble bees that set my hair on fire a few years back!!  The kids are ready for nightfall!!  I'm so happy that they are okay with staying home and shooting their own stuff off instead of traveling to a fireworks display around here where it's going to be busy and crazy!  (Although, we are thinking about going into Harrisonville to watch there fireworks show, my neighbor's said it was AWESOME last year.  The neighborhood as been setting things off all day long, I can only imagine what tonight will bring.  My poor dogs are already going crazy!  Lol.  

This morning we grilled out for lunch (because I still thought Jerry had to work tonight), I made soy chicken, potato salad, and corn.  It was delicious!!  The chicken marinated for 2 days, I was in heaven!!  Even Chloe and Jacob loved the chicken and believe me, it's hard to get them to eat meat period.



After lunch we headed off to the fireworks stand to buy some fun stuff for tonight.  It's so fun going to one of them, my husband and kids are in heaven!  I am so glad we only go in there with x amount of money because we could easily spend a whole heck of a lot!!  :o)

Here's my little firecracker ready to watch. . .

Jacob and Daddy

Jacob and Chloe

Watching Daddy. . .

Chloe lighting a smoke bomb.

Jaxen's first 4th of July!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful time!!  I'm sure I will have more to update after the fun tonight, so keep an eye out for more pictures.  I have to work 3 days - and then I'm off for 3 more!!  So with this update I leave you with a picture of my kids.  Happy Independence Day!!


Taken with my cell phone. . . my little cuties!!


0 comments: