Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Shower

I was off of work again on Friday.  I got to sleep in a little because Jerry got up and got Chloe off to school like they always do. . . I don't even think she knew I was home.  Which was nice, even though it was only an hour, sleeping in was exactly what I needed.

Jerry, Jacob and I hung around the house all morning, I started some laundry and Jerry was fixing a neighbor's computer.  My best friend at work threw me a small Walmart Baby Shower during her lunch hour at 11am.  (That's when most / if not all department managers go to lunch.)  It was awesome, just check out the cake!!  (Story behind the turtle - ever since ultrasound #2, when we got to see his "man junk", turtle has been the nickname I've called him - since his "thing" looked like a turtle.  Then as he became active and rowdy in my tummy, I've called him my Lil' Ninja.  So technically, he's my ninja turtle. . . let's just hope he doesn't come out green!)


Jacob and Jerry went with me to help and well Jacob totally stole the show!  He wanted to help, he totally understood that it was "Jaxen's Party" but until Jaxen was here. . . Jacob would do it!  (If you don't believe me, check out all the baby shower pictures in my Picasa Web Album. . . Jacob was the show stealer!)  Just check out some pictures. . .

Mommy and Jacob

Showing off the burp cloth. . .

He's my lil' man. . . frosting and all!

See. . . Jerry was there!  Fighting with Jake.

Anything else, Jacob?
We got a lot of nice things yesterday.  I got cases of baby wipes and packages of diapers. . . what more could a Momma want?!?!  We got a lot of warm outfits and fuzzy blankets.  Bottles, bath toys, etc.  The list goes on and on. . . I'm so grateful and blessed to have such wonderful friends!!

After the baby shower, Jerry and I headed home to unload the vehicle.  We had a few Christmas returns to make, but wanted to return then at Harrisonville.  So we went home, I got my receipts gathered and I made a small list of the things I still needed to get for baby, while we waited for Chloe to get home from school.  She had a Christmas Concert at school so we were on a limited time frame to finish our running around.  (Her concert will be another post, once I figure out how to upload the videos that I took.  :o])  Oh, and while we were waiting for her, I got an email saying that my Site-2-Store was ready for pick up. . . Yay!  My stroller and car seat arrived. 

So when Chloe got home off we went!!  First stop, Harrisonville Walmart to do the returns.  Then back to my Walmart to pick up my travel system and spend a little more money!  (I like to spend money in my store because it's helps MY bonus - plus things are cheaper at my Walmart, than at Harrisonville's.)  We got the necessities that we needed. . . Dog, Cat and Bird food.  Then I spent my gift cards for baby stuff. . . Bibs, Bottles, scratch mittens, butt paste, socks, pacifiers, pacifier straps, etc.  I had fun spending the gift cards!!

After Walmart, we headed home to get ready for Chloe's Christmas Music Concert and eat some dinner.  I had Ravioli because it was quick and easy.  Then off to Chloe's school!  We had a good time, and I promise to get that posted soon! 

After the concert we came home and Jerry and the kids put together my stroller and car seat!  Which I LOVE!!  Thank you Aunt Karey and Grandma!!  It's amazing, even better than I expected!


See all the help Daddy had!  :o)

It's huge!!  Chloe looks so tiny next to it.
Whew!  That was another long post.  I'm going to see about laying down and relaxing for a few minutes. . . but be on the look out this weekend for at least two more posts. . . Chloe's Christmas Music Concert and my Baby Bump!  Have a nice weekend!!!

0 comments: