Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 21st - 4 days old


This morning brought back some normalcy in the Daily household.  Daddy got up and got Chloe off to school. . . only thing different this time was that she had a picture of her new baby brother to share with the class!


It was a couple hours later before me and Jacob got up.  And we I came to I was in a lot of pain, last night I didn't have the luxury of a nurse coming in every four hours and giving me a pain pill!  Jerry brought me everything right off the bat to get the drugs rolling in my system again and he physically helped me out of bed.  It's amazing how the actual incision doesn't hurt much but my stomach muscles and my back absolutely kill me!  And I felt a lot better after I got up and walked around verses laying in bed.  But the pain that hasn't gone away or gotten any better (& won't for a few days) is my chest because the milk in finally coming in.  Holy Boobies Batman!  I don't remember being in this much pain with Chloe and Jacob and it makes me completely in awe to those that can breastfeed.  I don't even like my bra rubbing on them - let alone putting a baby there to nurse!  I was just not made to be one of those amazing mother's who can. . . thank goodness all 3 kids have taken to and not had any problems with their formula.  I've always said that if I had to I would breastfeed but selfishly I'd rather not.


Jerry called the NICU, this morning and talked to Jaxen's nurse.  They had not talked with the neo-natal nurse (the main one in charge of the unit) or the doctor yet, but according Jaxen's nurse he did awesome last night.  Jaxen ate 27mL of formula this morning through his bottle. (Which is way up from the 9mL we were giving him yesterday) They are leaving the feeding tube in for now, just in case, but they are so happy with the giant leaps Jaxen has taken the last couple of days!!  So as soon as I get moving around here, the boys and I are headed up to see our Lil Ninja.  I promise pictures and I'll update more tonight. 


Jerry, Jacob, and I went to see Jaxen today and of course, when we got there it was feeding time.  When I got there I got to talk to the doctor who examined Jacob this morning.  And he said that Jaxen was doing incredibly well and that he is really coming along at a nice speed.  He just has to continue to up his feedings and gain some weight.  Also according to today's doctor, Jaxen's timeline to come home is at the earliest - Friday, December 24th or at the latest - Wednesday, December 29th.  I don't think they really want to promise me a specific date, in case Jaxen has a set back.  It is completely up to Jaxen and how well he eats and gains some weight.


The nurse who was getting ready to feed Jaxen did her assessment and checked to see if he digested the 27mL of formula that he had this morning and nothing was left in his tummy!  So this afternoon, Jerry got him to eat 33mL's of formula!!  His nurse was really impressed by him and wanted to remove the feeding tube so badly, but you could tell the doctor's where trying to really hold back the excitement, just in case. And that's okay, as long as I keep getting positive updates, I'm one happy Mama!  And now I know that by next Wednesday he should be home!!  I know I was aiming for Christmas, but in my heart and head I had to think Wednesday.  Hopefully, then the let down won't be as bad if he's not here Christmas morning.


Other than visiting Jaxen while Chloe was at school, I have gotten a lot of things done around the house.  Today I cleaned the backroom where the dogs were all weekend.  It needed it terribly.  I mopped the kitchen floor, vacuumed the living room and got about half of the laundry done.  I still have a lot I want to have done before Jaxen comes home, but today was a good start.  I am taking it easy and taking my time.  Heck, I even made time for a nap this afternoon!


Well tomorrow is another day. . . I am one day closer to having my lil' ninja home.  One day at a time.  That's all I can do right now.  I'll update tomorrow!

0 comments: